husband pays no attention to me anymore...

he comes home and the first thing he does is play video games, i have tried everything, even being naked he wont budge. i have eaten dinner alone with our son for the past 2 months now, "it will make him lose if he stops to eat dinner with us"

he yells at me for everything now and i cant ask him a question without getting snapped back at and being told "im bitching" at him.....

what can i do?! am i not good enough for him any+more? maybe he does not find me attractive anymore?he doesnt participate in anything family related, and when i confront him on it he yells and says i dont want to just stare at you all day

im at a loss... someone help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• ultimatum time,tell him its us or the games
    Anonymous

• I don't know if this is the best advice, but I broke my husband's ps2 finally because of that. lol. He got BAD...Like it was a freking addiction or something.
    Anonymous

• Does he yell and snap at you because you are talking to him while he is playing his games?

Everything you are saying points to a gaming ADDICTION. And yes, video games have the potential to be addictive, just like anything chemical or emotional. (Gambling, alcohol, drugs, sex, relationships, pornography etc etc) Now hear this: IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU! He would be like this with ANY woman.... He needs to stop playing, put limits on his own playing, and/or seek counseling if he cannot quit. You really need to have a very serious talk to him about this. He MUST change this behavior immediately. And there must be CONSEQUENCES. And YOU must follow thru on the consequences.

There is so much I can say about this with regard my own experiences from my own self becoming addicted to online games as well as my husband being addicted to them & now my DH wants my DS to play games too....over my dead body will my son play video games..
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• it's proven that you can become adicted to video games. it's like a drug. you spend all your time with it and you emerse yourself in it and block out the people you love. he needs to realize something that doesnt even really exist is coming between him and his family. and you are just the person to show him this! as for you not being good enough for him... id say it's by far the other way around. or you could just have your kids break his game. lol oops! i dont know how that happened!
    Anonymous

• I say it's intervention time. He's clearly addicted. If he's got family around, rat him out so they will talk to him about it too. It's disrupting his life, and is therefore an addiction. He's affecting the lives of others. I'd say that he needs to give them up, or you need to pack it up and leave. It's not about you. It's about his problems.
    Anonymous

• Go visit mom for a week and see if he notices you are gone. If he doesn't notice then I'd stay living with mom
    Anonymous

• Throw out the game system, or store it at a friend's house for a while.

Answer by missanc at 8:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I thinking the game system would be GONE when he came home from work tomorrow.

BUT don't do it in a "making him feel like a child" kind of way.

Send the kids to Grandma's house and have a candle light dinner ready for him when gets home. Serve it to him in heels, a bra and a thong.

That way he won't be able to run to the game when he gets in which I'm sure is habit for him and he'll see you just wanted a special night.

If he blows up on you...HE NEEDS HELP ASAP! Don't tell him where the game system is if he does this and tell him he needs help!

Anonymous

• I don't normally think ultimatums are a good idea, but here I think so. He needs to see what he is missing out on in regards to his family and what may happen if he's all alone with his stupid video games. I hate video games and will not buy them!
    Anonymous