Don't you hate when someone says "No offense" followed by a complete and total insult?

"You're an ugly stupid person and your mother never loved you. NO OFFENSE. Just my opinion!"

Like it makes it OK to insult someone if they slip that phrase in.

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I DO IT ALL THE TIME BUT ITS NEVER FOR MEAN REASONS ....LIKE NO OFFENSE BUT THAT PIZZA COULD GO A LITTLE LONGER ETC!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• This is in the same category (for me) as the women who shake your hand so "firmly" it hurts. I just think you're an effing biotch.

So perhaps that is how you should respond: "Ah that's okay - I think you're a complete and utter biotch.....no offense."
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• "I DO IT ALL THE TIME BUT ITS NEVER FOR MEAN REASONS ....LIKE NO OFFENSE BUT THAT PIZZA COULD GO A LITTLE LONGER ETC!"

Well yeah, there's nothing wrong with the phrase itself when used the right way.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• When it's about pizza needing a little longer in the oven, it's not so bad. When it's "No offense but your baby is super weird looking." or "No offense but your thighs are so fat and lumpy that they make me want to vomit all over myself just so I have an excuse to leave."
    Then yeah, it drives me nuts.

You always know you're about to be offended when a person starts off a sentence with "No offense, but..."
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• lol thank you i need a good laugh i had one hell of a day...no offense
    lmao
    Anonymous

• or the "bless your heart" thing. Oh honey,you sure have gained weight,bless your heart! lol
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• TMJ, I was going to mention that. I hate both. I live in the south, so that effin' bless your heart shit is rampant. It has always grated on my last nerve.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes, I hate that. You know it's time to brace yourself when you hear that expression.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'm so laughing right now. HA HA HA I needed that.
    Yeah, the "no offense" is almost always offensive. I like to reply with (very sarcastically of course) "Yeah, that wasn't offensive AT ALL."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• One that bugs me is With all due respect... it means nothing. If the person doesn't respect you, then With all due respect has no meaning.

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010