why is it so hard for most christians to see other possibilities of how the world may have been created?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because they are forbidden by their religion and beliefs to think or accept any answer but the one their mythological god and his equally mythological books gives them. Their tyrannical slavemaster does not allow questioning from his slaves. Only obedience.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Because to them there is no other possiblity than the Bible.

Answer by older at 7:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• They (the Christians)have the it is our way or no way mentality.

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Im christian.. I believe in God for my loved ones, but I believe the world was created the scientific way (growing cells n such)... So I see other possibilities :)
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 7:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• That's not just Christians. Nowhere even close. There are a lof of different people with different beliefs that believe they were created a certain way.
    You have to look at it like this. Nobody is going to agree on one certain thing, and to Christians, God is their creator, and that's real to them. It's not a "belief" really for them, it's how it is.
    Just like people who believe in Evolution etc. That's what's "real" to them.
    Anonymous

• btw... you guys are really rude!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 7:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Because we are reconciled.

And personally, I have already been through that phase of life where I questioned my beliefs and did some research and rebelled. I feel that many often assume that Christians have blind faith and that it is somehow unintelligent to believe what we believe. You don't have to ignore your intellect to be a Christian, you just have to honestly seek answers and let go of preconcieved notions.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Because christianity is nothing more than propaganda and brainwashing. I used to be a christian until last year when I broke free of my chains and I enjoy the freedom of believing what I want to believe ever since then.
    Anonymous

• My way is the highway. -God
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Probably for the same reasons that non-Christians find it so hard to accept the possibility that it was God that created everything and that the theory of evolution is just that...a theory.

People have faith in their beliefs and if everyone could just accept that not everyone is going to agree on one idea then the world would be a much happier place.

You don't have to agree with what someone believes but there's no need to be nasty about it. (not saying you are, just generally speaking)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010