Portland OR

What are the best neighborhoods in Portland OR? We may be relocating there and would like to know from a local where there best places to live are. We want a quiet neighborhood, where our neighbors aren't too close.

mrsjonzy

Asked by mrsjonzy at 7:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Good luck with that. I live an hour or so outside of Portland just so we can live in a quiet neighborhood where the neighbors aren't too close. They seem to like to build all the houses so close together that if you stand between your house and your neighbor's, you can touch both houses at the same time. Hopefully someone who know the city of Portland better will be able to answer your question better.
    Anonymous

• p.s. there seems to be a lot of Portland mammas in the The CafeMom Newcomers Club group. I would ask there too, if you haven't already.
    Anonymous

• I dont live in Oregon anymore but I used to like Laurelhurst and the Mt. Tabor areas. They can be spendy but Id say its well worth the money if you can swing it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2010