High back booster carseat

my daughter just turned 4 yesterday and she has a high back booster seat and the regualtions on it are 40 - 80 pounds ok with the car seat belt and not the harness from the booster what did you do when your child turned 4 or 40 pounds and what do you think is the safest?

gvfdwife05

Asked by gvfdwife05 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yep what anon 59 and lovinmystar said... kids should be in a 5point harness as long as possible and there ARE car seats that go past 40lbs.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 3 1/2 and we recently put her in the car seat with a regular seatbelt. We did this for 2 reasons... one was because according to the safety regulations the harness is supposed to come to the top of their shoulders.... my daughter is tall for her age and the harness wasn't working, 2nd she kept pulling her arms out of the harness no matter how we put it on. She is only 2 pounds under the regulations for it which worried me about changing it. We went down to the fire department to make sure that it was secured correctly for her... Because of her height they said that it was the best thing to do. It was safer for her.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 8:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• DS just turned 4. He is 44" and 42 lbs. He is in a Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 and will stay in it as long as it fits him correctly. Right now I think that is safest for him. He still has room to grow with the harness so I will continue to use it until he outgrows it.
    Anonymous

• My kids will be harnessed until they are 6 cause the 4 and 40 is only a MINUMUM. I would NEVER put a child under 4 in a booster no matter how tall or how much they weigh. Their bones and bodies aren't ready for it and there are deadly consequences.
    Anonymous

• The safest thing to do is to invest in a car seat that will keep her harnessed to at least 65 pounds. My four year old rides in a Graco Nautilus. She is only on the second harness slot, so she has a lot of room to grow. She will remain harnessed until she reaches the limits of the seat.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010