Do Colombian men tend to be too fast too soon in relationships?

I just started dating this Colombian guy and wanted to know how the culture differs from American culture in dating and relationships. He's very warm and honest with how he feels and oh my gosh, does he have a positive attitude! He's moving a bit too fast emotionally (too many texts and "I miss you" after the 2nd date, etc.) and physically (holding me on the 2nd date--we just met!) than I'd like, so does anyone have experience with Colombian men so I can gauge the situation? I've heard horrible stereotypes about Colombians and am hoping that it's not all true.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• What you have heard about them probably has some truth to it. Latin men in general tend to be possesive since day one, and if you let it slide, it gets worst. Make sure you lay out what you want if anything from this relationship right away, so everything is clear. If you feel he is moving way too fast by all means tell him straight out and forward so there is no room for misinterpretation.

Answer by older at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I dated a Colombian man and he was very warm and sexual. He was more into me than I was into him and it was sweet and flattering, but I had other reasons to not keep things going with him. They can be kinda possessive and come on awfully strong.
    Anonymous