Need help planning a bday party!

My daughter will be 1 in May. I will be inviting 13 other children from ages 3-6...of the 13, 1 will be a year old and another will be 9 years old.

What kind of party could I have with those age ranges? What could I do at the park for a party besides cake and playground? What are some age appropriate games? Am I suppose to feed the children lunch or have other snacks besides the ice cream and cake?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• if the party is around lunch time, then yes feed them. i would make gift bags w/ candy (suckers or fruit snack packs) instead of toys that can be a choking hazard. honestly the party is more for u and the family than the baby, so just make sure its something u would like
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 9:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• a 1st bday party is about family. not so much about friends & their kids. A park is fine- but do you really wanna be chasing your 1yr old all over when your trying to host a party? @ least a hall or @ home shell be contained.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Well, My girl just had her first b-day. We did it at a park that had a train that went around the park a few times, it was a nice treat. But honestly, the kids were pretty thrilled with the nice playground at this particular park.

I would also suggest keeping the menu simple. While we still had a nice turn out, we also had a LOT of people not show up, and the leftovers are ridiculous. In retrospect, I might have kept the meat down to prepattied burgers that could be refrozen or packages of hot dogs that we could open as needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I've handled many kids parties and here are a couple of suggestions for having it at a park:
    *Hang a piñata from a tree with candy inside-kids will love it...they'll like it more if the piñata is a popular character
    *I would have plenty of fluid for the kids to drink as they will be running around..making a homemade punch ahead of time-this is the cheap idea or you can rent a huge cooler/drink dispenser from McDonalds with their orange drink
    *Have a scavenger hunt with toys bought at the dollar store-hide them around the park (or on the actual playground) for the older ones-it will keep them busy and happy when they find the little "prize"
    *Keep the food simple...nothing too messy. The kids most likely will want to "graze" and so really the food should be something the adults will enjoy-pre-made sandwiches with chips and a fruit salad that you can refill if needed are rather easy.
    Hope these help and most of all, ENJOY IT
    LongBone

Answer by LongBone at 8:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010