What do i do if my daughter seems to have a stomach ache every night right before bed?

Every night now for a week or more my daughter has had a stomach ache right when she goes to bed. It is never at any other time of the day.

It doesn't seem to be very bad because if i tell her i cant fix it or to just stay in bed she falls asleep very easily within 5 minutes. Tonight she said

lacielgin30

Asked by lacielgin30 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My DD did this for a while. Listen to her belly, see how firm her belly is. My DD was not wanting to go to sleep. Don't play into it too much. She might be going through a phase. Make sure she eats a few hours before bed. (I'm not sure how old she is so Idk what she eats). Be comforting. Tell her if it still hurts in a few minutes to call or come get you. She might just want some attention. Nothing wrong with that. If you really feel like something is wrong, take her to the dr..it can't hurt! GL!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• She is 6 years old and has no other symptoms what so ever. she is very playful and eats dinner at about 5:30 or 6 and goes to bed at 8:00. I just can't make myself think this is a big deal yet.
    lacielgin30

Answer by lacielgin30 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Could it be anxiety about going to school? I used to get stomach aches all the time when I was a kid because of it. Just a suggestion!
    Anonymous

• take peppermint extract give it to her tell her it will help her stomach see if she stops.. also is she constipated, nervous about school, anything new in her life if so help her with it.. never hurts to tell her doctor.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• dont want to scar u but thats how my dd started out n finally after a year n 3 drs later a speacialist diagnoised her with weak intestinal muscales wich was causeing her constipation id watch her bowl movements write down how many she has a day n what they look like n of course if the pain worsen or with a fever take her to the drs
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I also see other moms r telling u its for attention thats the samething people told me about my dd it doesnt hurt to get it checked i listend to my dd n im glad i did
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 4:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My son had unexplained stomach pain for about 6 months a few hours after his evening meal. We had no idea what the heck was going on...he saw the Dr. and nothing showed up. Then he started getting severe diarrhea...and worse pain. Turns out he is completely lactose intolerant...gets pretty ugly and fast. Took 6 months of pain and then the further symptom of diarrhea for us to clue in!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Anxiety. Are you eating dinner too late?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010