Please help me.

My boyfriend wants to leave me. We have been fighting for a while now and sometimes it doesn't feel worth it but I do love him. We have been together on and off for almost 5 years. Should I try to work things out or should we just call it quits before it starts to hurt my daughter?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 9:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• The last place you should want to be: Is with someone who doesn't love you enough to stay and work on the relationship. It takes two to tangle. You cannot save the relationship by yourself. If you don't take a stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Please look within yourself and start establishing some non-erasable boundaries.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• if HE wants to leave, there's nothing you can do about it but let him go. Sorry hun. You just have to deal with it. If he wants to leave, he obviously doesn't love you. Move on!
    Anonymous

• So sorry to tell you this, but it's over, and the sooner you realize that the better - especialy for your child!
    An on and off relationship NEVER works out, and you've been doing that for 5 yrs.....
    It needs to end. Alle 3 of you are worth more.

Good Luck, mama.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• WHY DOES HE WANT TO LEAVE U?.....IS THAT HIS KID?.....IS HE CHEATING HAS HE CHEATED AND WHAT ARE YOU FIGHTING ABOUT?.....ASK YOURSEFLF THAT MAKE A LIST NEG AND POS IF NEG OUTWEIGH THEN LET HIM LEAVE BUT IF HE WANTS TO LEAVE AND NOT WORK ON IT HE IS GOING TO LEAVE REGARDLESS......BEST OF LUCK
    Anonymous

• If there is nothing there than you will be wasting you time. If he wants to leave then you are wasting your time too. Only you know when it t is truly over. Hint....sometimes the love is as strong as ever but it just doesn't work. If there if more arguing and fighting than good times you probably need to take a break for the baby's sake if nothing else. Maybe you can regroup and try again later.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• time to move on
    Anonymous

• We still love each other and care about each other but all we ever do is fight. We have decided to call it quits. We will miss each other but we are doing whats best for our DD.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 11:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I agree you need to do what is best for your daughter. However, I'd also like to say that maybe another thing to try, is to get some time without your daughter, be it an evening, an afternoon, an entire weekend, and the two of you sit down and try to discuss the things you fight about. Not fight about them, but really discuss them. I have found that when my boyfriend and I try to discuss things when the kids are underfoot, and other things are going on, I tend to be so overwhelmed that I get frustrated and it can turn into a fight without my intending it to. If we discuss things without the kids and just focusing on us and whatever the topic is, we can actually discuss it and resolve it. But, with that said, if one or both of you truly feels it's over or it's better that it be over, then there's really not a whole lot you can do. You both have to want it to work, otherwise it won't.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It will always hurt the child for a little bit. But they forget when they see mom and dad happy. Even if its apart. When your child sees you smiling more and sees dad smiling more, the child will also. Believe me. I have been on and off with my hub for 11 years. Now this week we have decided to call it quits for good. And planning divorce agreements between each other. I have three children. 9,5, and 4. Before when we would split, they would ask where he is and things like that but when they saw that I was playing with them more and smiling with them more, they were fine. My oldest never really bonded with him when she was born so they weren't ever very close. She takes it easier than the others. When they see all the fighting they are just unhappy as the mom or dad. But they will know that you both love them. I would let him leave and move on. If he is wanting to leave then he has already moved on. Sry
    oksoonergirls

Answer by oksoonergirls at 11:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2010