yellow greenish stuff...eyes....

my son is 13months he is sick with a col but last night i notied he has yellow greenish stuff coming out his tear ducts and it alot ......im wipeing his eyes just as much as his nose......WHAT IS IT ?.....

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Probably pink eye.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Sounds like a sinus infection or some other infection around his eyes. Time for a doctor's visit.

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• its like boogers and his eyes arent red its coming for the tear duct
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• pink eye or eye infection..green is never good take him to the doctor
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i took him to the doc yesterday but it wasnt that bad.....would he need eye meds?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• yes he my need eye meds
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• his doc said he wasnt that sick and gave him shots.....he has so much snot its crazy
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Time to call the Doctor and give him an update.
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'd say an eye infection. My lovely little kiddos have given 3 of them to me over the years (even when they only showed a very mild case of it). lol! If it's to the point where when he wakes up and his eyelashes are caked in it, I'd say go to the dr. There's not much they can do honestly, but I guess it's better safe than sorry. It could be pink eye and I believe they have drops for that. When I had mine (the first time I got it in both eyes the day I got married... ugh, it was horrible!) the dr told me to hold warm wash clothes on them and just wipe them clean. I also used some allergy drops to help with the eye irritation when it was bad. Make sure you wash your hands after everytime you touch the area, or you too will catch it!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Also, the nose drainage is from the eyes, most likely. You know how if you cry, your nose gets all stuffy? Well, your tear ducts drain right into your nose... gross, huh!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2010