What do you think of marijuana being taxed like alcohol?

Presently it is sold in 'dispensaries' with a medical prescription needed. The government wants a piece of the 'action' so they have decided to put it to a vote in November.

pattecake

Asked by pattecake at 9:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll vote for legalizing it. It's gonna be out there, it's gonna be part of the driving force of cash flow and it's always has been.... why not tax it and start a process towards better control of it. Just like booze bootleggers are fewer and further between now, so will pot dealers be (I think, I prolly wrong, but hey). If you can tax it you can begin to control it (at first on a small scale and maybe later on a larger one).
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 9:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Wonderful idea! Tax it at 100%. No, 200 %. LOL. You can see I am anti-drugs. Pro taxation. Hehe.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• They don't do so well with controlling/regulating alcohol.....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• That would be better than spending millions of dollars a year to keep it illegal.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• They should tax it 500% if they are going to make it legal, Help pay for all the money obama has wasted so far.
    Anonymous

• if they are going to tax it its going to be open to everyone because our government needs money, bad! i wish they would make it legal for medical purposes only and stop arresting cancer patients.
    Anonymous

• I don't really like the idea, buuuuut Cali is BROOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKEEE. They have to do something, and they won't (for whatever stupid reason) drill for the oil off the coast. I would rather see them drill for the oil that is ours already.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The Government wants it all and needs it all to pay for the B.S.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'll vote for it. It could do a lot of good for our country.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Tax it, make it legal, use the funds to get us out of this hole...Hell, maybe with these funds, and stopping putting people in jail for this victimless crime, we can actually be a country with a little money again.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 7:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2010