I see all these questions about God and do we truly need him.

My question is have any of you ever experienced the power of the Holy Ghost and His anointing in your life? If not how can you make such assumptions on very limited knowledge of what God can truly give you? Most of you here that don't believe appear to be very educated about science and the proof of certain matters. Have you ever educated yourself through experience about the power of God? If not would you ever be interested in learning more? Being a commited church worker does not qualify you to say you know him. There is difference between knowing OF him and knowing him PERSONALLY.

ptomom678

Asked by ptomom678 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• god gave me a child after 5 yrs of trying and praying, god gave me life, and i was adopted god found me a great family , god is great in all he does just by looking around at everything around you he lives inside us- that is how i feel and that is just my views no one elses
    smartwifeandmom

Answer by smartwifeandmom at 9:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I meant to say "do appear to be educated."
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• *Headdesk* I'm not sure how to explain this to you again so I'll just let it go with this. We don't believe, nothing you say or do will change our minds and I'm sure if any of us HAD a "religious experience" in our lives we would either be believers or in the local health facility. As for our "limited knowledge" of what "god gave to us" you do realize we probably know more about the Bible then you ever will. One of the things that led us to our disbelief in your God was extensive research not only on your holy book but the history behind it. I can guarentee we each probably gave it our best shot at believing too, we just didn't perpetuate the lie that we do.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Ahem* back to my question. Have you every had an experience with the Holy Ghost? I think you misread a statement in my query. I said limited knowledge on what God can truly give you. If you have never experienced it how can you say you know more about the bible then me?
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You must have misunderstood my response. If I had experienced anything I would either be a believer or heavily sedated in a padded room. Take your pick as I'm sure your definition of a religious experience varies from mine. Just for a grasp, giving birth to my children does not constitute a religious experience or experiencing the "Holy Ghost", nor does an orgasm
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• which answers my question. since you have not and it is very apparent you can only use natural experiences to try and compare lets me know you make accusation of the non existence of God prematurely and with no real sound evidence.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• All I want to know is if you would like to find out more about it? and if no why not? You will just be acquring more knowledge.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Well if happens to be a non-natural "religious experience" that's where the sedation and padded room come in.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• So, if you don't believe in god, then, you obviously believe in evolution from apes? Hahaha Wow, way to jump to conclusions. I am with KristiS11384. I decided not to believe because I researched and educated myself. Idid not go to church and just blindly follow all the others in the pews. You did not have a religous epiphany...you chose to believe that that is what happened. I have seen nothing to prove of his existence. I don't believe anything in the bible. Too many people have had their hands and ideas indoctronated into it for me to even care about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Kristi, why are you bashing the Christian God. All I am asking is for the same respect you all want. Educate yourself more on what we believe. ( Christianity is different from being born again by the water and spirit of God. If you don't understand just say so. there are plenty of people on this thread that can give you bible class on it if you are interested. Notice I did not say conversion. All I said was bible class.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010