wouldnt this be part of the child leave act ?

ok so my work is a bunch of bs they have the nerve to write me up because my son is sick? so they write me up i had to call in yesterday because he keep crying to me night and early morning about his ear hurting and his tummy and he puked.. anyhow like i said they wrote me up today and brought up how my sons sick and have to leave to pick him up at daycare when sick or being sent home do to being beyond in trouble by bitting teachers n kids and what not... now wouldnt this be part of the child leave act ? im a single mom rasing my son on my own his father is not in the pic and im 25 years old low income so its not like i can afford to fork extra money for a other daycare... and i cant depend on my parents they work too

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/fmla.htm -
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't think so. I needed off when my husband had back surgery and at the time the guidelines said I had to prove that I was the only one who could care for him and that nurses would not be available. We would have to have doctors agreement that I had to be with him as well. So I don't think it covers when a kid is sick unless your child is dying of some horrrible illness.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe so. I think it's for serious illnesses (such as hospitalizations), not just for having to leave early because your son has an earache or is in trouble at school. If you received a note from his doctor stating that you could not return to work for a period of time due to your son's issues and that you were the ONLY one who could do it then that would be different. For example - my son spent about 6 months in and out of the hospital and I was able to take advantage of FMLA for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2010