What's your parenting confession?

My 3 year old son wears pull-ups for overnight still. I had 3 left last night, so I didn't make the stop at the store I buy them at because I still had one left for tonight (I thought!). Bedtime comes and I tell him to get his pull-up because it's bedtime. He goes to where we keep them and can't find one. I go look and can't find one. That's when I remember that he pooped twice last night and ended up using all three last night. So right now he's in bed in his underwear and one of my pads!

That's my bad/funny mom moment of the day. What's yours? The thing that kind of makes you cringe, but giggle at the same time.

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• yeah well I've used men's pee pads of various brands for my periods when a store hasn't had my usual period brand pads - they actually are more curved than pads and thicker too.

ingenious mommies unite!!!!
    Anonymous

• I wasn't going to run to the store now, and it was all I had that was remotely absorbant. I work with special needs kids and one of them uses the absorbant tena pads which is why I thought of using one of mine for my son tonight.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Thats so funny...and resourceful. I'm the horrible mom that lets my DD watch waayy too much Dora.

Anonymous

• That's not bad. My 2.5 year old wears a size 5 in diapers or 4t in pull ups and my 10 month old wears size 3 diapers. If I run out of diapers or pull ups for my 2.5 year old I put one on my 10 month old's diapers on him with a pair of underwear over it so it doesn't come off.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Omg too funny! I almost woke up my son from laughing too much!
    crysjuls

Answer by crysjuls at 8:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2010