Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any ideas on how to get money fast? dh just walked on out. sahm here.

ebfing a 5 month old, need to pay rent in a week, have zero money, no vehicle, no friends.

all i can think of is posting my address on craigslist and saying everything is for sale. i could get 100 for her crib, but that's a little depressing.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • You are in need of serious help but you are "not looking forward to taking a car seat on a bus and breastfeeding on a bus and in the welfare office. oh bother..... " ?? THINK OF YOUR CHILD !! It's not about what you are looking forward to, it's about your child's well being.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • Any chance he will come back when he cools off a bit?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • I'm so sorry this happened... You should be able to get emergency assistance from your state. Call a friend, family member and have them take you to the PA office asap. You can also go file for temporary child support, until your divorce is final. The PA office should know how to send you in the right direction. You can also go to the local food pantry and wic office. Help is out there, you just have to find a way to get to it... GL, hope everything works out.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • one should hope so. think i jumped the gun on this? i'm already contemplating selling all his stuff first...

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • thanks, baby has diapers and is breastfed so she will be fine. the assistance amount is 440 a month- about half of what i need for rent, i'm not looking forward to taking a car seat on a bus and breastfeeding on a bus and in the welfare office. oh bother.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • If you know anyone in the business, bartending is a fast way to make a lot of money.

    Answer by Farrahann at 9:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • Give him time to cool off and come back. Regardless of the outcome he's going to have to talk to you to work out finances. He wouldn't just leave his baby broke.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010


    Go to every resturant in town tomorrow and look for a waitressing job. It's money nightly and depending on where you get a job you can make a good living. My mom used to come home with no less than 60 dollars a night and that was on a really bad night. Most nights it's was between 130 and 160 a night in tips plus her check which was 2.13 an hour so about 80 dollars a week.

    She was making 300-500 a week. Then go apply for food stamps and use them until you can get on your feet. Call around to all the charities and see if there is one that helps with rent. Many do. Tell them what happened and they will be willing to help you.

    You may have to take 2 jobs to get by for a while but you can do this.

    I am SO SORRY your going through this but you CAN DO THIS!! WORK HARD and you will be rewarded.

    There is also child care assistance for single moms.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • File a temporary order for child support and alimony. They are free in most counties. The clerk of court can help you get the paper work. You may need to pay a small fee for the photo copies and notary-- like $6. Temp orders are usually heard by a judge as early as 72 hours. Some take up to 2 weeks. The law will require him to financially take care of his family.

    Contact your women's resource center. Every county has one. It may be the same place as the shelter. They can sometimes help get this paper work filed out. They may also help you find free or low cost child care. They may help find a free lawyer.

    Answer by ecodani at 10:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • Talk with family. Move in with family.
    Go to a shelter.

    As far as paying the owed rent money .. You could talk with the landlord and see if you can get an extension.
    Then start selling items. Have a HUGE garage sale.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010