Bday Party help!!!

Need help planning a bday party!

My daughter will be 1 in May. I will be inviting 13 other children from ages 3-6...of the 13, 1 will be a year old and another will be 9 years old.

What kind of party could I have with those age ranges? What could I do at the park for a party besides cake and playground? What are some age appropriate games? Am I suppose to feed the children lunch or have other snacks besides the ice cream and cake?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've always had my DD's parties at a park where there is a grill and playground. Hot dogs are cheap! Games...pin the tail on the donkey..or a pinata'. Get a small cake and buy the individual ice cream cups..1/2 them and they go further. It's not like they need to fill up on cake and ice cream. It's the thought that counts. :)
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You can always get away with pizza and cake. A lot of parks have grills if you want to BBQ. As for games: Buble makers, have music, bowling pins are cheap and fun for all ages.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ....and remember 2 hours is long enough for a kids party, don't forget to put an end time on the invite.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i only do food if people have a long drive and would miss a meal b/c of the party. a pinata is a good idea. it might be hard for a 3 yo to play some games, but pin the tail on the donkey, various relay races, a treasure hunt could be fun. see who can pop a balloon the fastest by sitting on it. i am sure the playground would be enough to keep the kids occupied though!
    have fun at your party!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• At my sons first bday party we didnt do any games. His bday is in the end of november. This year we lucked out and it was beautiful outside. But I had it at my grandmas house. And had 2 5year olds a 3 year old and then some other babies about his age. It turned out nice. But we just started out outside and let the kids play in the grass with balls and on the swing set. And then did presents outside, which the older kids loved helping out with since my son only tried to open a few.haha. Then we went in and did cake, ice cream and punch. Nothing big. It was only a first bday party so not many games you could involve the lil ones in. I would think the the playground would be enough, but if you want to do some games the older kids would prolly enjoy it.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I say with a playground ,they will be entertained enough, and the pinata will be fun too. and pin the tail on the donkey is good as well. I also had a entertainer there you know those people that scetch your childs face in a funny cartoon way. They will have to sit for a bit but they will love their turnout. of the cartoon of themselfs. :)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• we did it at the park you know what every kid even the adults were \ahving fun with we got a BUNCH of different size beach balls and HUGE one we got inflatable coolers and sports balls from http://www.orientaltrading.com/ and everyona had a blast his party was in sept so everyone had sweaters and everyone gets to take the beach balls home hehehehe
    Brynnlyman

Answer by Brynnlyman at 10:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010