WIC baby food

Does anyone recieve jarred baby food through WIC but make your own homemade baby food? When I start making my homemade baby food I'm going to have an abundance of baby food. I am thinking of ways to use it. I will donate some. Any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could just tell them you make your own baby food so don't need the jars of food, they can take anything off. Don't take it if you won't use it.
    Anonymous

• My grandson is on WIC and never got baby food. He lived with me from the time he was 6-12 months and they got regular food.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You just don't use your check/card for the baby food. OR only use what you will need.
    Anonymous

• Gailll: They recently changed it for babies over 6 months to get jarred baby food.
    mom22littlegirl

Answer by mom22littlegirl at 10:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• WIC doesn't give jar baby food. You can donate some to food shelters and places of that nature.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I say donate it to a food pantry or rescue mission. If you aren't going to use it, let some one less unfortunate get something out of it.
    Anonymous

• I received the jar baby food also. If you don't know anyone to give it to. There are local area free cycle groups available or craigslist.
    Or even give to the women shelters for their babies. But yes you can ask them to take the jars off the vouchers. Also im not sure what month it begins but they recently began giving vouchers for fruits and veggies. Fresh/canned/and frozen. Ask when you would be eligible for these. You are able to get the organic natural baby foods, you can add them in the ones you already make.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• WIC has been giving baby food since October. When I get the baby food I just give it away to people who need it.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Because I'm BFing, I get 3 boxes of cereal, 62 jars of fruit/veggies AND 31 jars of meat a month!!! I only take 1/2 the meat and all the cereal and fruit/veggies. The cereal goes to my day care provider and she uses it for DD and the other infant she watches. Some of the veggies I use in recipes from the cookbook Deceptively Delicious. It sounds weird, but squash in mac & cheese is pretty good! And that way my toddler gets a serving of the dreaded veggies and doesn't even know it! :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• "Because I'm BFing, I get 3 boxes of cereal, 62 jars of fruit/veggies AND 31 jars of meat a month!!!" Yep, me too! One thing I like to do is to get lots of the jar fruits (pears, apples & blueberries etc.) then I buy the big tub of whole milk plain yogurt. I mix the fruit with the yogurt to give to baby so baby gets yogurt with no added sugars. Even the yobaby yogurt has sugar added so I think this is way better.
    I have given away extra to friends.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010