Carpet stains, help!

My 2 year old is a slob and I have anything from spaghetti sauce to red juice stains in my carpet. Any tricks that anyone knows of? I've tried OxyClean and Resolve. Any home remedy types or store bought products anyone knows of to get rid of these stains? I appreciate your help!

TruckersWife426

Asked by TruckersWife426 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Saline solution....for contact lenses. Pour the solution on the stain and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Then pour a little more on and soak it all up slowly with a towel or paper towels. You have to make sure you get all of the liquid soaked up though. It works pretty well, even on old stains.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• SOL-U-MEL!!! It works great! I use it all the time. Good luck!

Moriah
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 10:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Go to Home Depot and find the ailse with the carpet and other cleaners.....look for a big white spray bottle with purple writing called FOLEX! The stuff works wonders, then use a soft bristle brush with it. My DH and I won a carpet clenaing business and by far Folex is the best stain remover. You can even read more about it on www.FOLEX.org
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You can try club soda.
    Otherwise, you'll need to call a professional carpet cleaner (don't use Stanley Steamer; use someone local).
    Anonymous

• Folex is my saviour. With certain stains, you can actually see it "eat" the stain as soon as you spray it... it's awesome :) It's an enzyme cleaner, so works best with food/biological stains (my son hasn't been well so we've been cleaning up vomit like crazy... it's fantastic!)
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 1:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010