Doctor's incomes are expected to fall 15 to 20% when the health care bill goes into place...thoughts?

I just saw this on the news (CW 33 News).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Can't say it hurts my feelings all that much. Most make way too much anyway.
    Anonymous

• Make too much???? They have a super important job with super HUGE college bills and go to school forever to do it.

They save our lives, keep our kids healthy and work LONGGG hours?

I say that it stinks and that lots of people will choose other carears
    and may possibly hurt our selection of GOOD Dr's !!!!!
    Anonymous

• I say it's ridiculous. They go to school for 8+ years, pay huge malpractice rates and keep you healthy. Why should they not be able to make that much?

mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

That's crap. Do you have any idea how much they have to pay for insurance ect? BTW - peds and family docs are the loest paid of all docs.......

I'm a peds nurse, looks like no raise for me for a long time. Great.
    Anonymous

You go pay $50,000/yr every year for malpractice insurance, AND pay back $200,000 in student loans, with interest, AND pay a nurse, receptionist, office rent, supplies, utilities, tax specialist, attorney and 2 people just to decipher insurance claims. Then come back and tell us how much is "too much".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Personally, I think my doctor deserves a raise.
    Anonymous

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about damn time.
    Anonymous

You don't deserve medical care with a totally ignorant statement like that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Uh to the people who are bitching about their doctor's paying all sorts of fees.. BS!! This is precisely why so many join a group, because the group pays.... NOT THEM. DO SOME RESEARCH KIDS. YOU, as a patient, ARE GETTING SCREWED EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LEFT. Trust me.. I worked for them.
    Anonymous

• Uhhh.... anon..... :22

YOU are the one that is ignorant my friend..... YOU NEED to do the research... My hubby IS a physician and I am a nurse... you have your facts WRONG!!!
    Anonymous