How does everyone like (or not like) this name?

We are very sure we are having a girl and so far we have picked out the name Eowyn (pronounced Aowinn) Jael (pronounced Jay-elle) . The story behind it is my husband and I like fiction,fairy fantasy names and this one is from LOTR and Jael is a Biblical name from the book of Judges and my hubby really admires her character. Just wondering if everyone thinks it goes together? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Jael sounds too much like "jail". Eowyn will be hard on a kid when they're trying to explain to teachers and other kids how to say their name.
    Anonymous

• I really like the name Jael. I have heard it before and liked it then but it is not too common to spoil the beauty of it.
    I do not care for Eowyn. Just my opinion, but I would be upset w my parents for naming me that.
    Sounds kind of like someone is speaking baby talk and saying Allen.
    Good luck and no offense. (=
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Actually, that is "Owen" and "Yah-elle"....I have known people with each of the names. Your pronunciations are incorrect.
    Anonymous

• I forgot to add. It is like the female version of the name of the Artemis Fowl author. Eoin(Owen).
    Anonymous

• ewok...from star wars and jail...i like jael it sounds pretty but of course you are gonna have the idiots that don't know how to pronounce a name and will say jail or gel
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Well,if we did choose those names,the way I posted is also how we would choose to say them!
    Anonymous

• Well, they are actual names, Eowyn is Irish and Jael is Hebrew. They are pronounced a certain way and NO ONE will pronounce them properly then, not even people from where the names originated. That would be like saying, I am naming my child Emma (pronounced Ee-mah). So, have fun with taht.
    Anonymous

• Anon...She can say them how ever the hell she wants!!!

Maybe your friends are the ones pronoucing them INCORRECTLY.

Of all the answers I see on here that was by far one of the dumbest!

I think both names are pretty.
    Anonymous

• I love it! I'm huge on unique names. My daughter's name is Rhapsody, and this baby will either be Imriel or Sidone :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• So someone asks for an opinion, someone gives an opinion and that makes the post dumb? Hmmm, weird.

I think the names are horrid. They sound horrid. It sounds like a teenager gave these names. Sine this is an opinion post, this is mine.

Also, I asked my husband and his words were "that's f*cked up", so go with it if you want but as others have said they will NEVER be pronounced correctly even by people close to you. I myself picked names that were not popular, so I'm down with that, but these just sound made up. I realize they aren't but they sound it.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2010