when water breaks at 32 weeks what is a natural way of getting labor to start?

Water broke at 32 weeks. Hospitalized until delivery of baby. Baby is in french breech position. I want to start the labor process. I have a one year old at home and other children that I need to be there for.

Asked by sunshine4life at 7:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 32 weeks is early...lets do everything we can to be sure that the baby is ok. Are they considering a C-Section?

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• In the hospital AND able to get online? WOW! Give the baby time to develop some more. PLEASE. You really don't want a pre-mee in ICU. Try and be patient. After all you have the Internet In the hospital! That's a miracle in and of itself! Busy yourself with web brousing!

Answer by vbruno at 8:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• You're not going to able to be there for your other children with a baby in the NICU. Do you know what having a preemie entails? I know firsthand that it's not fun. It's expensive and very time consuming. You wake every day wondering if it's going to be a good day or a bad day. You don't want to know the heartbreak of a bad day. Let the doctors do what they can to prolong your pregnancy. Somebody else can step in to take care of the others for now.

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008