I need help quitting smoking?

Im desperate to quit smoking. And I do ok at home and dont smoke much but once I get to work I smoke like crazy. Any one have any sugestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Health

• suckers....i smoke cause i need to have something in my mouth and keep my hands busy.

do this write down when you smoke and what you are doing and find out why you smoke then just replace smoking with another habit its not about quitting but replacing
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I smoke too! More so now that I'm a SAHM. When I worked I couldn't smoke during the day. Sucks!! I KNOW! I haven't been smoking long, but it's soooo addictive!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• lots and lots of freezy pops. It is like $5 for 100 of them. Going on 5 weeks w/o cigs.....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• lots and lots of candy! you can inhale and exhale as if you were actually smoking...it is supposed to be very soothing. are you smoking with co-workers? tell them you really do not want to smoke, and can they please help you out and not invite you out to smoke, and not to give you any cigarettes if you ask.
    good luck, and never quit quitting :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Chantix, the book The Easy Way to Quit smoking (you will feel like an ass for smoking after reading it, but in a good way), any website that you can sign up on and get help and reminders sent to you, I used quitnet.com. Also, have the attitude that you can do it and you will, I kept my ciggs with me in my purse for a week after I quit just to remind myself I was in control and that it was a choice. Excercise helps too. Good Luck!!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• NO!! Don't replace the cigarette with something else. Try to avoid any prescriptions as well, I tried them and I felt like I wanted to strangle someone, it was horrible. I agree with Newmomma14, the book The Easy Way to quit smoking. I actually didn't get the book, I got the game for the Nintendo DS, it's called My stop smoking coach (based on the book), I just went through the game and cut down from 12 cigs a day to 5. I am going to "play" it again and completely quit. I should have quit the first time, but I wasn't honest with myself. I am sure the next time I will quit.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010