Has anyone used the ring sling from sleeping baby products?

I'm thinking about buying a sling and I'm not sure if it's a safe product because she sew's them herself. Any input would be helpful.

Jrilo

Asked by Jrilo at 10:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they just had a recall on a lot of those slings i would look to see what ones. i attempted to use one but for me it was uncomfortable and i was worried my baby may fall out or suffocate
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I didn't like it. I ended up getting a Moby wrap and for the first few times it was a little challenging to wrap so that I felt that baby was comfortable. I loved it and wore her until she was 15 months. it caused less strain on my back than the others like the bjorn ones or the ring sling. I didn't feel the need to lean to compensate for the weight of baby. Matter of fact, it didn't feel like I was carrying any more weight than my own due to how evenly it was distributed across my shoulders, back and waist.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I have one of her linen ring slings and I LOVE it! I bought it when DD was 2m/o and have used it almost daily since it came in the mail. The stitching is amazingly detailed and reinforced. I always recommend sleeping baby slings when someone asks for recommendations. I have even put my 33lb 3y/o in it and it's very sturdy. Her slings are NOT the slings that were recalled. She'll send a pamphlet with the sling showing all the different holds and proper sling use.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• LOVE Jan's slings. The way she's designed her shoulder makes them super comfortable and easy to use. I had several ring slings and my SBP was the only one I liked.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Ring slings are not the ones with the safety concerns. Check out http://babyslingsafety.blogspot.com/ for info on which ones are dangerous, and general sling info

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2010