What do want your children to grow up to be? What is the new dream parents will have for their kids? What about the kids, what will they aspire too?

I ask this because the following jobs/careers have been demonized or devalued. Some of them can/may overlap.

President
Legislator
Doctor
Business owner
Upper level management
Executives
Bankers

I am sure there are more, this is just to get you thinking. We are encouraging out kids to grow up and go to college....but for what? Success seems to be receiving a lot of punishment these days.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 10:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• An IRS agent - he'll have job security now!

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Mine wants to be a Psychologist. I just said go to college and find something that not only do you love, but, it is in need and pays well. He pic\ked this. LOL He is 14.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I want one of my kids to be president. After all we have to have on SMART and MORAL president LOL.

But really I want them to do what makes them happy, if they are happy as a chaseir then I dont care. But i do object anything in the sex industry, (stripping ,porn star, etc etc)
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Ooops, sorry ladies....What do YOU want your children to grow up to be?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Ethan is almost 3 but he has said he wants to fly planes! lol I am sure this will chance a bunch but I want him to do what he wants. I am sure though he will want to go into the military and be like his father. That's a job that will all ways be demonized by some anti war groups and as long as their are wars there will be anti war groups. I said SOME btw, I know there are those anti war / pro military out there very few but they do exist.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My child has special needs so I just hope she can be self supportive. She is artistic though so who knows what she might end up doing. I only want her to reach her potential and do what she can.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My DS wants to be an Author, an Eagle Scout and an Astronaut.  He has dreams of selling his own sports drink so business owner might be in his future.  Who knows, I try to foster the 'anything is possible' ideal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• LOL NP!!!

The 21 yo wants to be a teacher
    The 19 yo ?????
    The 17 yo wants to be a nurse
    The 10 yo wants to be a police office, a ninja, a pilot, a builder (?).....it changes from time to time....

I don't really have a preference for what they do. I just want them to be happy, and FREE.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• This week he really wants to be a cop. The past few years it was fireman. I won't hold him to anything until he's at least in double digit ages though ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't care what he does for a living when he grows up as long as it is legal, moral, he enjoys it, and he can support his family on it.
    He told me the other day he wants to cut grass when he grows up. lol He is 6.
    My mom had very specific ideas pf what she wanted me to do, and still does (and I am about to hit 30). lol
    I just want my son to be a happy daddy ( I want grandkids).
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010