Okay so I recently found out I am pregnant. I have 2 kids already they are 7 and 8 they are amazing kids. The father of this pregnancy well we arent working out. I dont want to have a abortion and I am considaring adoption. I am scared because I have no idea how I would explain this to my children who are old enough to understand what is going on. I financially cannot raise 3 kids and dont want to have another baby from a broken home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Adoption

• You could always tell them that you are pregnant but this baby is for someone who can't have a baby. That you already have two great, wonderful kids and you want someone to have a great kid like you do. Good luck to you. This would be a tough situation. Your children though are old enough that they probably understand quite a bit.
    Anonymous

• Dont lie. Its wrong.
    Anonymous

• Can you imagine having another baby...that is your own somewhere else other than with you....
    I don't understand people like you, and i"m not trying to make you feel bad, but I can't imagine having sex with someone and giving the baby up...regaurdless if you guys are working or not....
    Does he not have a say in what he does with his child as well????
    Anonymous

• I think they are more then old enough to understand. They might not like it. And if you are serious about it you better be prepared for maybe some fights or angry behavior such as acting out and things. But in the long run, they will know you did what was best.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• well you have to understand its hard either way..but there are lots of good families out there who cannot have a child. I struggle with giving my 2 kids now the best like possible. He does have a say, but he up and left me when we found out. I am 2 years out of being done with my Dental Hygiene school and I will never finish with a newborn. I dont have a support system here. I am not saying I could do it for sure and give up my baby..but isnt that better than abortion. Not everyone has the perfect situation for something like this..Yes I wish I was married and financially stable to have a family, but I also have to look at the best intrest of my children noe. I am just confused and looking for any advice..thanks
    krwsac

Answer by krwsac at 11:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You could always tell them that you are pregnant but this baby is for someone who can't have a baby. That you already have two great, wonderful kids and you want someone to have a great kid like you do. Good luck to you. This would be a tough situation. Your children though are old enough that they probably understand quite a bit

I agree with this poster! :) GL hun!! It'll work out!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Tell them the baby isn't for you family. And for god's sake stop having sex if you can't handle the consequences.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I do NOT agree at all that you should say that to your other kids. Adoption is hard enough without making it more difficult with lies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• do not give that baby up for adoption. how could you give up your childrens brother or sister away to strangers? or give away your child? HOW COULD YOU DO THAT. i think its better that you get an abortion. get an abortion, and get it now while its still early or you figure out a way how to keep that baby. get food stamps, wic, PA, whatever.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Finances should never be the sole reason for giving up a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010