Has your child ever said that they see something that isn't there?

Like ghosts and what not? Sometimes my daughter points at something and says there's something there but there isn't and I was wondering if this ever happens to you? And do you believe that kids can sense things like that? I'm not saying my daughter is seeing ghosts, but it's kinda weird when she points things out that aren't there.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• my dd does this too. it's weird. i noticed she was doing it a lot at my moms house. she even said she talks to "that man" it kinda weirds me out but never seems to bother her.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Our alarm at the house was randomly going off one night...all night. I asked my DD if she heard it. She said yes. It was Mawmaw! It freaked me out..but in a good way. It was the Thurs. night before she went to her dads out of town for the first time.
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My almost 2 year old tells me she sees elephants lol. She'll run up to me yelling and pointing "eh-wi-fins!" lol. She hasn't said anything about people or ghosts, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• All my kids have seen Bobby. Let me tell you the stort of Bobby. Bobbys is Dh's uncle who passed away many many years before Dh and I EVEN met. Well all of the kids have talked about Bobby at some point or other. With Ds#1. I put a toy on the shelf in his room and closed to door because I put him down for a nap. Next thing I know my baby is in the hallway WITH the toy I put on the shelf (there was NO way he could have gotten it, just NO way)... When I asked him how he got it he said "Bobby got it for me". yeah...He talked and talked and talked to Bobby. Then our second talked and talked and talked. So I decided that there would be no more talk of Bobby. With our third boy no one was allowed to even say Bobby's name. When he was 2 he started doing it too... Bobby Bobby Bobby. They've never been scared of Bobby. He's more like a a close friend of thiers... but it bothers me.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My DD is just a year and not talking much, but it does freak me out a little when we are home alone and she looks and points behind me. I'm sure at her age, it could be anything she is seeing that is just striking her fancy, but I guess it has always freaked me out when it is late and quiet in the house and someone you are looking at keeps looking over your shoulder behind you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My daughter does too ! I it wwas so weird because at the old house she kept talking about the man in the hallway...and even showed me and my mom how he waved ....so my mom got out so old pictures and aksed her if she seen the man in any of the pics ( and we didnt point him out or anything) .....and she picked out my grandpa who died when I was little....My mom knew because he did this goofy wave, and no one else did it, and that is what she was doing..........

I am actually afraid fo the idea of ghosts lol.............and now sometimes when I take pictures you can clearly see a man with a beard ( that looks just like him) and they are usually always right beside/behind my daughter.........and I kept telling my husband it has to be my inagination......but then the other day his obituary (sp) ... was just laying on the floor ( nothing else was on the floor), I had it packed away in a box, and the box wasnt opened when I found
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 7:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My kids haven't but my ex's sister has. One night I was over there and I was sitting in the living room watching tv and feeding my now 10 yr old daughter. His mom, step dad and 2 sisters walk in the house and his 3 yr old sister says that there was a scary man sitting next to me on the couch. Her dad asked her again what she said and she said it again that there was a scary man sitting next to me but he's not there now. Her dad asked where he went and she said in your room and now he's in your bathroom. The next thing we hear was something fall and hit the floor in the bathroom. NO ONE was in there. My other 2 kids were asleep, my ex was asleep too and his mom, 2 sisters and step dad where in the dining room looking into their bedroom. It was freaky!
    allmyblessings

Answer by allmyblessings at 9:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My daughter used to talk to "Paco" all the time, no clue who that is.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Every Morning when I get my son dressed he will say we need to change his clothes because "the little kids keep chewing on them".. I have NO idea where that comes from.. He also used to look in the corner of his room or in certain area's and say " whos that guy mommy"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Both of my kids have "the sight" like I do. My oldest talks about Dogs a lot. He has actually waken my DH up and told him there were dogs in the room... My youngest sees "the man" in the hall all the time.

Unlike most moms though, I can usually see them too... Which is always a good thing, cause I remember my mom telling me they weren't there and it really upset me... They all though I was making it up and as a child that hurt. But my kids won't have to deal with that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010