How do I chose a major now?

I wanted to major in communications/public relations but with this economy, its not really being hired. I love looking at job searches to see what companies want, and its mainly engineering jobs. I dont like engineering, and usually everyone I know says to major in IT but those jobs are being outsourced everyday. Would you still get a major in a field if there is no jobs in it?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Find a job you would like to do and work backwards from there. No I wouldn't major in something that didn't lead to a job, and I didn't. I agree that far too many IT jobs are being outsourced. Many American IT grads now find themselves in IT sales. They can talk the talk;sell to the spec, but the programming is being done overseas. What is it that you like about Comminucations/Public Relations? Have you considered Marketing? Is it realistic for you to get your MBA?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yeah. If your good at what you do than you will get a job.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Nursing
    Accounting
    Engineering
    IT

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010