Bilingual anyone..........?

has anyone in here learned a second language not taught to them through their parents?? im trying rosetta stone has anyone else tried it and had any success???? im trying to learn spanish because my SOs family all speak it and some dont speak english and i would also like to teach my son as well

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in

• Nothing beats immersion for learning a language.

I took years of spanish in school, and never learned it half as well as I learned Portuguese in months from actually being in Portugal and being surrounded by just that language.

You probably can't go off and live in a foreign country for a while like I did as a young, single person (without so many responsibilities), but you can do a lot to still surround yourself with the language: hang out with your spanish speaking new family, turn on the spanish channels for television, or get spanish children's books from the library to read...

....with a little help from Rosetta to give you same basic grammar rules, I think you'll be surprised how much (and how quickly) you can pick up.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• actually i already knw quite a bit i just have problems forming sentences. and moving to another country well im getting close as possible ill only be about 10 miles from the boarder once we move to TX.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have my 6yo learning with something called Visual Link. you can learn about it and try free lessons here:

www.learnspanishtoday.com
    Anonymous