My husband wants another baby.....

So my husband informed me that he wants to start trying for our third baby... we have two girls Tysie is 18 months and Tayah is 5 months... would you all be ready for another one? If not how would you tell your significant other?

Amanda244

Asked by Amanda244 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would not be ready. and i would tell him. when it comes to life changing decesions like that both partners should agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• nooo way. thats too much. wait until your 5 month old is atleast a year to start trying. even the DR's say you need to give your body atleast a year to rest after having a baby before having another.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Your girls are as far apart as my boys. I had baby #3 when my youngest was 20 months. When my second son was about 8 months old I told dh if we got pregnant that I would be okay with it, my body felt good, I felt good. I was ready. But earlier then that, when he was five months old, I know that I didn't feel that way. If you don't then just tell him. Tell him you need more time. Your body needs more time. He should understand this. You just were basically pregnant for just 2 years, you need a break, for as long as you feel necessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• my first 2 are 16 mpnths apart we got preg. with our third the month the youngest turned 1 and that wasn't much harder than 2
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Heck no I wouldn't be ready for another one! I have a 20 month old and I'm 7 months pregnant and I will be on birth control for at least 2 years after this! I think you should just be able to tell him the truth. He's your husband after all. :) Let him know if you are interested in having more children and how long you want to wait. I think he will respect your choice. But if not, its not something you should do just because he is ready. Its harder on us than it is on our men.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My husband wanted to try at six weeks. The doc said TWO years, which calmed him down. As it happened we never did have another and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My child is almost 9 and I'm still not ready and I usually tell him a flat out NO but it is cute when men want babies. If your up for it just go for it. Its good for kids to be close in age besides by the time you have the baby your five month old will be like a year and a half.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 3:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010