Does this sound like a surrogate is taking advantage of Ip's sadness ?

She never been a surrogate although been pregnant,has 6 boys and is in late 30's.
She expects 2,000 as a retainer to show the couple is serious.
Expects at least 500.00 per home insemination.The arrangement would be a traditional surrogacy.
She has a good job but said she wants to go back to school and quit this job in healthcare and hopes this journey finances her and all her families needs.
Plus any extras outside of this which sounds to me she wants someone basically supporting her versus fair compensation for what she is choosing to do versus like it's being forced.
Don't surrogates expect to be accountable for some stuff as well ?
Makes me worry how she would care for this baby inside her as well.
Says she is not in it for money but to give a deserving couple a child that God granted based off this senerio otherwise,God would not of make them becoming parents harder over others.
Do all surrogates act this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The surrogates are NOT usually responsible for any of the expenses.

I think if she's not through an agency then you should steer clear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• surrogates get paid a very good amount of money. her motives can still be good, but she just expects the same compensation that she's been told about. (which can indeed support her & her family for a while if she's wise with the money). whatever her motives are, she's helping this family a great deal & is putting her health on the line to give this family the child they so desperately want.. just as long as she takes proper care of herself during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Op here:Let me clarify she expects 20,000 for the fee,fine plus other costs but....she expects things to be paid for her husband and children as well since this will upset their lives to help a couple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Like what things?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sounds she is taking advantage of the situation which makes this industry look bad as it can be at times.
    Her costs is one thing maybe, but her boys and husband that is getting extreme.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No one will accept her as a surrogate with all those expectations so it doesn't really matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Anon,Groceries for her family,school events or supplies.Help to run them to medical such as for gas costs.if she and hubby need a break a babysitter.This was just some of it.If hubby would need to stop working to care for her since she would prefer that over an in home care person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sorry OP HERE i posted Previous question in response to the anon person that asked all she expects..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Well I could see the cost for if her husband needed to stop working due to the pregnancy because that's related but the rest will never fly!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It just seems like she is asking for too much. Surrogates are just too demanding. I would do it for five thousand and if the parents paid for all the medical bills that include their unborn child. When they say they are not in it for the money and then basically want you to take care of them its a bit weird. Not that I am advertising myself but I have been thinking about doing something like that for a sweet couple. Does anyone have any advice on where I could get started with that?
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 2:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010