Does your Mother ever offend you when it comes to your kids?

I ask because I was talking on the phone with My Mom about how My Husband works 2 days out of the week from 5-3 am so when the baby gets up at 9 he's so tired he wants to sleep, she's saying it's like neglect and he needs to get up and stays up the entire time even when she falls back to sleep after waking up for 30-40 mins she sleeps for another 2 hrs, isn't that still normal for a 7 month old baby? It hurts me because My husband is a wonderful Father and Husband and would never cause no harm. Do you think My Mother is being overbearing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The other day my mother told me she doesn't like to take care of the baby when I'm around cuz I "criticize" her too much. So in other words she does not want to be corrected by me. That's offensive cuz what am I except his MOTHER!

Nothing against my mother, but I have learned a lot about my son's health that she doesn't agree with.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes but Im a single mother so my own mother does this towards me. Nothing is ever good enough for her yet she made 100 times more mistakes than I could ever do if i tried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• As long as someone else is there to take care of the baby on following those 2 shifts he works, I don't see the huge fault of your husband's here. Every family has to work out their own schedules for childcare, and you all just have to do what works for you and is still making sure that baby is taken care of, that's your own business to work out, no one else's. Always be polite to your mother, but try not to take the slight to heart too much. Good to here that your husband is such a wonderful father! :)
    -KaylaLee-

Answer by -KaylaLee- at 1:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Wow, I feel for you but believe me it could be much worse. To hopefully make you feel better, my mother was never ever around when I was growing up. She worked all the time. Now that I have a family she moves in with us. She has decided to mother my children. I don't need her to mother my children, I got it. She really drives me crazy. At least you can send your mom home. I have to remind myself it could be worse. I could not have my mother at all and I am grateful but boy is it ever hard. I really want to tell her that she should have been my mother not my children's and to butt out but I just bite my tongue. I don't want any regrets if something happens to her but it is so so hard.
    jademi

Answer by jademi at 2:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2010