Do you feel like all you do in life is live pay check to pay check?

I am so moody on this subject it seems like I have a budget for everything and such high dreams that I would like to reach one day if it will ever happen. It sucks because every pay check I am saving for something new, a bed, dresser to clothes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes. Do you have Quicken? I swear it made my whole life easier!!!
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I think we have all had times like that, I know i have and since there have been budget cuts we will start to feel the pinch again here really soon. luckily with summer coming up it wont hurt us as much. You just have to keep your head up and look long term. When I was laid off 2 1/2 years ago I was seriously worried but we sat down and realized at most the first 3 years were going to be the worst until we paid off our cars. we are almost there but there have been months when i felt like i couldnt make it, we had one kid break his leg and was wheel chair bound for 4 months, lost our secondary insurance and had to start paying part of the medical bills for our autistic son, the big freezer died, had to buy a new bed for our daughter etc etc etc it seemed like every time i turned around something went wrong. but if you look closely there were things going right too. you will get there, your just stuck in the bad part right now.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I sure do feel that way! There's always something that needs saved up for, I hear ya. It's a grind, but you're not alone! :) Hugs!
    -KaylaLee-

Answer by -KaylaLee- at 1:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• whatkids ...Yes. Do you have Quicken? I swear it made my whole life easier!!!

Are you using a version you purchased or the free Mint program that is online? I have thought about using it but not sure i want to have it all online.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I purchased the program online. I LOVE IT. I don't like it all online either. I downloaded the program from the site and it is on my computer. I save to a flash drive and download information from the banks accounts. It really simplifies things. I strongly urge everyone to try it!
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• ***purchased the program online. I LOVE IT. I don't like it all online either. I downloaded the program from the site and it is on my computer. I save to a flash drive and download information from the banks accounts. It really simplifies things. I strongly urge everyone to try it!

TY, I saw it on sale for $40 at walmart I think so I am probably going to pick it up, I really miss having accounting software to use at home.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• $20/week into Savings. Try it.

Or, www.mint.com - the free version of Quicken. :)
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• yes, it really stinks
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Its because you think like a poor person, poor people buy stuff (like what you listed) middle class buy liabilities, the rich buy assests with thier paycheck. http://www.richdadworld.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes I felt that way but I started to work from home and now I don't live like that. It took about a year for my home business to get where I wanted it to go and I now am saving rather than worrying where my next meal is coming from or how I will pay my rent or car payment.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2010