Does anyone know of canidian law and health insurance???

just seeing.. we are looking at all our options lol.. xD
Or Mexico's law's and health care??
I am reading a lot about them.. but I could be missing a lot.. so any info you know of please let me know.. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is that anything like Canadian?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• A simple antibiotic will treat your candida infection. Sorry it ruined your Mexico trip.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Mexico has a terrible health care system. And Canada's is "free" aka they pay taxes out the ass.

Anonymous

• An American in Mexico lives for nearly nothing and you can have slaves!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• canadian health care is simple...strong economy, healthcare and dental is free...i intend to move back to canada later in life because i'd rather pay nothing to go to the doctor and dentist
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• this is my favorite analogy of canadian healthcare i've ever heard...."those dumb canadians bandaged me up, reset my jaw, put my shoulder back in it's socket, and didn't even bother to bill me"....funny as hell and gets the point across that american healthcare is a joke
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• dental is not free in canada...neither are eye dr's..but everything else is
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Then why do so many people from Canada, come to America to get health care or at least they did? Probably not any more. There are hundreds of cases of people coming here cause they can't get in to see a doctor. There is even a town that has a lottery for people to get in to see the doctor. Yeah that is what I want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It's not really free in Canada though, is it? Don't they pay a lot for it through taxes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We pay more in taxes. But, don't you pay huge monthly premiums for good health insurance coverage? The difference is that we have no co-pays and no insurance companies refusing to cover things. No one goes bankrupt or loses their house because they get cancer.

The issues involving wait times to see a doctor are usually blown out of proportion by your politicians. Not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying that people don't die waiting for life saving procedures, which is how your politicians like to spin in. The length of time you wait to see a doctor depends on the type of doctor, the type of procedure and where you live.

Canadians going to the US for health care? I don't know one person who has done this.

Dental, vision, chiropractic, physio, prescriptions etc are not covered. You need to buy insurance or pay out of pocket for these. Dental and vision are covered for children under a certain age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010