In the morning my husband will be picking up a side of beef and there's a problem

We only have space in the deep freeze for half of it.
What should I do? I don't have a neighbors that I can ask to have them store some it for me. My bil has an extra freezer but wants to charge a monthly fee for the electricity

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Your bil is an ass, I would cook some of it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge. Get a used little freezer at Goodwill and use it at your house and unplug it when you don't need it anymore. Then resell the freezer for more money or donate it back to Goodwill for a tax writeoff. Paying your BIL for electricity, is just ridiculous.If he is they type to charge you for electricity he's the type to steal your meat too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'd take your BIL up on that till you can get a bigger freezer.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• big ass bbq asap?
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Have a bbq this weekend, ask your husband to ask some of his co workers if they want to go half or something of that sort.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 4:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Get a second small freezer, it will be worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Bravo for the most random question of the day. LOL!
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Get another freezer. This is the only way we buy our beef - except we buy a whole animal from a farmer friend and do the whole thing. But with all the other stuff we freeze it's worth it to have the "extra" freezer space. When we get a bigger house we'll be investing in a 2nd deep freeze, besides the big one we already have. Very worth it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I agree w/ jewjewbee- BIL is an ass to say that to you!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010