Question about Facebook etiquette.

I know this isn't FB, but...

When it's your birthday and tons of people wish you happy birthday, is it more polite to reply to each of their comments and thank them or can you just post a thank you to everyone as your status and still be polite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• most of my friends on there say thanks to each person...however, some of them have like hundreds of people so they just say one big thanks, in their status...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I like to thank everyone individually :)
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i recently did a big thanks to everyone in one status. unless its family(bros and sis)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I've done both and no one seems to care, but I wondered that myself. I know when people thank me personally, unless they're close friends, they "Thank You" or whatever. Nothing I really need from them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I've seen both done, and either one is fine. As long as you remember to thank them, it's good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If it's just a couple, do it personally. If they are many, just do one status post saying, "Thanks to all my friends who wished me a happy birthday; you really made it a great one!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I've seen both, I've done both. Do whatever works for you.
    Anonymous