Any one ever had Lasik done??

DH is getting it done on the 16th. He is so excited to have it done but hes scared that its going to hurt. He keeps asking me if they will give him pain pills and I keep telling him they wont. I talked to my mom about it (shes an optrition(sp)) and she said its not painful. That after it is done he is just going to be sleepy and will probably sleep the rest of the day and then be fine the next day. He keeps asking me if my sister has any pain meds that she could let him have and I keep telling him to stop worrying and that it will be fine. I was just wondering if the any one had it done and could tell me if they were in pain afterwards.

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had mine done.
    I went in early in the morning, they agve me a pill to relax me, then they cover your eyes, i was with a group of people, the took our group back to the surgery room and we waited our turn. The surgery itself does not hurt it is weird but no pain. You will get some glasses and you ave to be really careful and no rubbing your eyes. I could actually watch TV later that day(I could not see far away or read with out glasses befor) I personally had a complication but it was a rare thing to happen. I had scar tissie build up under my lenses so they had to go back in and that was a toatlly different story and not pleasent. BUT I would totally have it done again!! I can see perfectly and have no problems, sometimes my eyes are dry but no biggy there.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Men are such babies! lol My sister had it done and was fine. No pain and her eyes were great by the next day.
    Good luck getting him through this. :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My husband had it done a few years ago. He definitely needed pain meds. Actually they handed the prescription to me and directed me to the nearest pharmacy to go get it filled while they were doing the procedure because they said he would need to take some immediately after they finished with him. He didn't need the meds for very long though and it was totally worth it. He absolutely loves not having to deal with glasses or contacts anymore!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Hmm, reading the other comments now. I guess my husband was a wimp about it. lol He did say that it didn't hurt during, just a while after. And he had it done twice because the one eye had astigmatism and wasn't quite right after the first time. Not to scare anyone, but my sister-in-law had it done and they totally messed up! Her eyesight came out worse than when she started. So she had it redone and her vision is perfect now. Turns out the first Dr who did it was drinking on the job and she was later fired.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My mom got it done by "one of the best doctors" and it messed up. she see's better but now she has cronic dry eyes and had to get tubes in her tear ducts to help with that, she see better but she has star shapes from lights (not sure how to explain)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 8:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I had it done in 2004. My right eye astigmatism needs corrective lenses again, however, my left eye without the astigmatism is still 20/20.

Painful? Just pressure, no pain at all whatsoever.

The worst part is the clamps and the dry cotton swabbies they use, imo.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My husband and I both had it done in 2007. There was no pain at all, just burning and irritation later that day (and none for my husband). Supposedly women have more irritation afterward because the estrogen in our systems makes our eyes drier. Having LASIK is one of the best things I've ever done.  I wrote a journal on my experience on a theme day: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1474600/Today_s_theme_vision_and_LASIK

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I know a few people who got it done. It's on my wish list of things I'd like to do. None of them said it was painful. They slept the rest of the day of the procedure and woke up to clear vision.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My mom and aunt both had it done. They both are very happy with the results and reccommend me to get it (when I'm able to) and I definately want to! It isn't painful from what they told me and really only takes a few minutes.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2010