When nursing my baby girl why is her stole change color?

Good morning
I have a two month old baby girl, and I noticed her bowel movement has changed. I only breastfeed as she needs or about 7 to 10 times daily. The color use to be a mustard yellow seedy type, but now its green yellowish and not as often as before.
I mention to her pediatricion but he said she looks fine, this was at her 1 mth appt.
What am I doing wrong?

bluebabie3

Asked by bluebabie3 at 4:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You aren't doing anything wrong, she is normal. One of the most surprising things to me was the color of the stool. It changes and you will be surprised. Please, trust your doctor. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• This is normal. You're doing nothing wrong. Even if she doesn't go every day, it's still ok. As long as it's not dry, hard, pellets, everything is ok, even if she takes a few days in between.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My 8 month old went from the yellow "typical" poop to some bright orange stuff. lol. Anything is normal really as long as it's not bright green. And like the pp said, breastfed babies can go with out pooping for up to 2 weeks. It's normal and as long as the poop isn't hard or dry she's fine. Breast milk doesn't leave much to poop out because everything in it is used by your baby.
    mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sounds normal. However, I have read that if the baby only gets the foremilk it can cause a more greener poop. I typically alternate breasts at each feeding. When she gives me a greener poop, then I will start feeding from the last breast and then switch to the other for a couple of feedings or when she doesn't seem to eat as long or as much from one side. She hardly ever gives me a greenish poop, though, so I don't do that very often. She's pretty good about emptying the breast each feeding in about ten minutes. We've recently started solids and she does give greener poops now after eating certain foods.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Totally normal. My daughter's is always greenish yellow now and she is 5 months. She will also go 2 or 3 days without a BM. No worries.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010