Should i see the anesthesiologist with baby number 2?

I just remembered with baby number 1 i had to meet with the anesthesiologist to sign paper work for my epidural, and i think i did that around 33 weeks. Now i'm at about 36 weeks with baby number 2 a year later lol and wondering if i'm supposed to see the anesthesiologist again to talk about my epidural or do they have it on file from last time? I'm lost and deffinately don't want to go without my epidural. Anyone know if your supposed to see the anesthesia person with baby number 2 as well?

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 5:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I really think you would. I know for me, it was all done at the same time I registered. Although, come to think of it, I moved between baby #1 and baby #2, and ended up in two different hospitals, so that might be why I did with both. I would ask your doctor, or call the hospital and ask them. Have you registered yet? I would think they would have said something during that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• 5 babies and I never saw the anest. ahead of time. My midwife had me sign a paper stating my wishes (no I don't want an epi, yes I do want an epi, or I'll see when the time comes if I want an epi) but that was it, when the time came they called the anest. and he came and gave me the epi. Even with a scheduled surgery a couple of years ago I didn't meet the anest. ahead of time.
    Anonymous