Obamacare day one is not looking pretty is it?

Even before President Obama signed the bill on Tuesday, Caterpillar said it would cost the company at least $100 million more in the first year alone. Medical device maker Medtronic warned that new taxes on its products could force it to lay off a thousand workers. Now Verizon joins the roll of businesses staring at adverse consequences.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703312504575141642402986422.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_opinion

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All these people were hiding their heads in the sand saying, "We don't know what's in the bill, It can't be that bad, and it won't pass anyway."
    Suddenly they are waking up. "Hey it DID pass! OMG! What's in the bill?"
    "WHAT??? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT FREE???? But, they promised us free healthcare--didn't they?"
    Clueless, ignorant people will be the end of this country, They don't realize the people they voted in are NOT as stupid as they themselves are, and will not pass legislation to really help the average citizen. They make promises, use soothing voices and double talk and hidden clauses, till one morning the citizens wake up and say, "Hey, what the hell happened?"
    Oh well, all the "right wing crazies" that tried to tell you this was a boondoggle were shouted down and demonized as "haters" and "racists" and "selfish" are being proven right.
    It will be the death of all of us. Happy now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We have been all over this for a year now, Didn't look pretty then and it isn't looking pretty now.. Don't expect it to get any better either.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• So all those people crying about how nobody know what will happen...how do you explain this?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Obamacare day one is not looking pretty is it?

Actually, the last 2 days have been the prettiest I've had in a while. I wore capris and a tshirt yesterday it was so warm and sunny!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Anon 928 is dustermommy the type you were referring to?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Take a joke, Carpy.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Since you can't, I'll give a "real" answer. It's not all that pretty. I was gung-ho for health care reform, but this bill is not what I wanted.

When someone has a legitimate issue with the bill (like this question) - I get it. But many of the posts over the last few days have been half-truths and crap from chain emails.

I thought I'd be a smartass because, quite frankly, I'm sick of the 4,000 questions about healthcare that pop up daily.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Anon, you have fun your way, and we'll have fun our way. If you don't like politics, go to one of the other sections here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Honest to Heaven, do any of you have hobbies, families, outside interests? I would like to have valid or fun questions to answer and not pages and pages and pages of the same CRAP

Then feel free to post a fun question.  Is your "Ask A Question" button broken?  Good gravy, you come in here and complain about all of the complaining.  Sort of ironic, isn't it?  If you don't like the questions here, feel free to add some of your own or visit some of the other subjects on the left side of your screen.  Maybe Just for Fun is more your speed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2010