how do i clean a tile bathroom floor with bleach?

how do i clean my bathroom tile floor and use bleach? do i use just bleach? or 1st bleach/water, and then a detergent such as mr.clean or pine sol? thanks

PAWPAUSE

Asked by PAWPAUSE at 8:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I wouldn't mix it with any thing else. As some cleaners do have some sort of ammonia, or other chemical that when mixed with bleach can cause dangerous fumes.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Don't ever mix bleach with other chemicals, but straight bleach is fine just make sure you rinse it well afterwords or it will be sticky. You can dilute the bleach and mop, or if it's really grubby or discolored throw down some comet with bleach hit your knees and scrub it with a brush.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Just bleach, but rinse well.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'd go with a bleach water combo. Bleach is really powerful stuff and can affect your lungs pretty strongly.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Blech is very harsh and actually illegal in some countries. Be careful. Do not mix. i wouldn't actually even use it.
    Moriah
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 10:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I hate to use bleach on the bathroom floor, but I have found that only bleach, comet and scrubbing get it really clean. Any suggestions for those who don't want to use bleach?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i use a steam mop for my kitchen floors, and i use vinegar water for my bathroom floors. bleach is actually too corrosive for grout and tile...it corrodes the surface giving mold a nicer place to grow. i have heard that a basic cleaner as opposed to acidic cleaner is best for tiles...i think this would mean a bit of baking soda mixed with water.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'll try baking soda thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Just curious what is wrong with it, and why do you want to clean it with straight bleach?

I like using vinegar water on my tile floors. It makes the tile shine like glass.

Using pine based cleaners, especially pine sol crap, will attact dirt & grime. Stay away from that garbage.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 3:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2010