do you by yourself namebrand and good quality things and buy your children storebrand and lower quality? why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• no my kids always look better than i do i hardly buy myself things i do buy clothes frm walmart but not shoes.
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Lmao, just the opposite. My kids usually wear name-brands and most of my wardrobe comes from walmart.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Lol I never shop for myself, but when my daughter was a baby I'd buy her nice clothing, now I just buy cheaper stuff since she is almost 3 and ruins most of her clothes playing anyway. She has dress clothes and dresses but she hardly wears them.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I actually don't buy my son any clothes :-) I don't have to. My sister and brother are 20 and 17 and both have jobs, they buy most of his things as gifts. :-) (he is their only nephew and they have no children). But when I do buy him things they usually come from wal-mart and my stuff usually comes from Goodwill
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• LOL! This is also one of the dumbest questions on Cafemom. Seriously? Um, maybe because I am a grown adult and don't foresee myself growing out of the clothes in the future.... and my kids, well, they grow like weeds.

Now, I am a grandma.... I can afford to buy myself whatever I want. I still don't buy namebrand expensive CRAP for the grandkids... WHY? Because, I don't feel the need to impress anyone with my kids, nor my grandkids. YES, I CAN GO TO GYMBOREE or anywhere else I see fit, but WHY? First of all, I think that stuff is butt ugly... second of all, they are not going to where it, but for a month or two... KINDA LIKE BUYING EXPENSIVE MATERNITY CLOTHES, never to wear them again.... huh???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Not generally, but I do buy them pants from Value Village (which actually can be name brand, you just have to watch) and I buy mine either at Walmart or Penningtons. But I don't either outgrow mine or put a hole in the knee right away. Other than that we're pretty comparable with where I buy our clothes, shoes, etc.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i do neither. i buy what i can afford. i always buy my girls clothes first before i buy myself anything.
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 9:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• no, i buy walmart generally for both. and i rarely EVER buy myself anything anyway. if i do buy anything name brand it is for the kids. my mom has got me things that were name brand....but that was a gift.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I buy the same for everyone in the house. Someimes it's name brand, sometimes it's not.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• "i do neither. i buy what i can afford. i always buy my girls clothes first before i buy myself anything."

This is how it is around here too.
    allmyblessings

Answer by allmyblessings at 9:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2010