Who do I contact about this?

OKay so I filled out my papers for fafsa and then I recieved an e-mail saying that I didnt complete by the deadline and I cannot be considered for grants. But this excerpt is straight from the FAFSA website. Im confused and hoping that I get it. I just signed my award letter the other night, it had my grants and loans on it. WHat should I do?

Federal Student Financial Aid Deadlines
The 2009-2010 School Year (July 1st, 2009 - June 30th, 2010):
FAFSA on the Web applications must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight time, June 30, 2010.
Corrections on the Web forms must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight Time, September 21, 2010.
Note: Your school must have your complete and correct information by your last day of enrollment in the 2009-2010 school year.

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 8:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• My school has a different dealine for award consideration, March 1st I believe. This is the first year I got it done for myself and my son before the deadline, all it did was create more "eligibility" paperwork for me. Then just a few days ago I got the "not qualified" for anything letter/email.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 9:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• The federal deadline is VERY different from your state/ school deadline...our deadline in NC is March 15th. So you may very well have missed it!! Sorry hunni bunch!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• BTW you missed the deadline for federal money, you still had to complete it to be considered for school scholarships and state money...so dont look at it as a total loss!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Call Fafsa and ask whats up? the number is on their website. You are correct about what the site says.
    I fill 2 out every year for my kids.Of course they never qualify but I keep trying . LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• hey guys, I contacted the financial aid dept this morning and I felt like a complete idiot LOL. SHe said its for a grant from the state that requires you to be in a 2 year program and I am in a 9 month program... She told me the day I enrolled that I would probably get something in the mail saying I was denied and not to freak out (and I forgot and did anyways LOL) I still got the pell grant thank goodness
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010