Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can be done? ( Can we sue?)

I just found out my great aunt has cancer but she is in remmission I don't know alot what is going on all I know is the latest was something about the chemo person was suppose to only do that give her chemo and somehow he puncture her large intenstine which cause it to go through her vagina (I mean this is what my family is telling me) so yes if she wants to go poop it will go through her front :(
She already has bacterial infection....I wish I can do something but what.
The type of surgery was suppose to have been done to a younger person and from I hear my cousin only said yes to the surgery so her mom will no longer suffer any type of discomfort. What is this sort of thing called and what can be done.

Thank you ladies thanks for listening...feeling sad for my aunt :(
Please pray...thank you again.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

Answers (6)
  • I will pray for her, and speak to attorney? It stinks but they must read everything they sign.

    Answer by KFree907 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • She was getting chemo thru her abdomen?! Damn! Yeah,I'd talk to an attorney.

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • I certainly hope they fix it. I don't have all the facts but she may be able to sue. I doubt you have all the facts and I really don't know how that could happen when getting Chemo because it's given through a port in the arm or neck area. I'd certainly insist they repair the damage and take care of the infection free of charge. Good luck to them.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • OP here all I know is that they were poking around in that area (i don't know why!!!)  I am like wtf???

    I can't do much bc we are 10 hours away I think the daughter should handle this but how I wish I was there too to help...Thank you ladies for your responses...I really appreaciate it :)


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • i don't think you would have a lawsuit, but onlyl a very good lawyer would know for sure. they performed a hopeful life saving procedure. i am sure that someone signed papers and were made aware of the risks. the very sad truth is that many cancer patients die from their chemotherapy.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • Unfortunately, things like this happen more than people know. Yes, you can get parenteral chemo, and yes, it can damage your intestines if the tubing is not properly placed.

    I would most definitely file a malpractice suit, but I don't know how far you would get. Chances are she signed the informed consent that explained this as one of the outcomes. HOWEVER, the doctor/hospital should be financially responsible for the repair of the damage they did.

    Good Luck

    Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.