Is it true? (toasted bread question)

If you toast a slice of white bread you somehow take away the un -nutrient stuff or is it still as bad for you as eating it untoasted.

So if I was to switch to whole grain or wheat and toast it will it take away the healhty stuff?

I am confused...thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• White bread is a "simple carb" and is pretty much nothing but sugar. It causes your insulin to spike and then it crashes - making you feel tired and sluggish. Whole grains are "complex carbs" and allow your insulin to be distributed slowly and more evenly, keeping you full for a longer period of time. Toasting the bread does not change what it is!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If anything don't they say burning things causes carcinogens? So they wouldn't it be like adding something bad to your bread?

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Regardless... my grandparents ate toast into their 90's... I think it's pretty safe, Hon.....

90's.... NO HEALTH ISSUES!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Oh, yeah, they probably also had lead based toys and cribs when they were little.... um, ate sugar, and probably never, ever sat in a frickin car seat!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I think you're just removing water from it,possibly some sugar.You should eat wheat anyway.White bread is just empty calories. Sara Lee has a whole grain white that is very good.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• oh goodness me...do you REALLY believe that hogwash???? Toasting bread does not change anything!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010