Telling 15yr old and his parents that he got my 13 yr old sister pregnant

the father of my 13 year old sister's baby has become hard to talk to and hard to find outside of school. when she go's up to him to try and talk to him he makes a reason for not being able to talk. like "im late for class""i have a meeting with my so-so teacher" and my favorite " i have to pee can we talk later"[later never comes]. both my husband and i have tryed calling his parents and there just as bad. he is 15 will be 16 on 07/04 and has a job. We have not been able to inform him nor his parents that she is pregnant. we have considered contacting a lawyer among other things. I need advice as to what to do i have never faced this before and am unsure as to what to do. Is there any way without having to bring in a lawyer and possibly others in to this to tell thing and get her monatary help from them?

iwmoln2120

Asked by iwmoln2120 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why don't you just show up at their house if you can't talk to them on the phone?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• All kids have cell phones these days. Text him and let him know you are going to talk to his parents if he doesn't by a certain date. If he hasn't, then go to the house and talk to them. They may know already and are just not wanting to do anything. You may have to take them to court for child support in the end but you really can't do much else to the kid.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I don't know if you want them involved, but could you get the school to arrange a meeting? Maybe if the school could call him and his parents in to a meeting with your family you could meet up in a sfe place where there is less likely to be a scene. Another thought might be to contact any teen pregnancy organizations in your area and ask them for help or guidance.

I don't know. This is a really horrible situation; I have a 13 yo DD,and I can't even imagine. I wish your sister and your family the best. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• amy they wont answer the door
    and itmesteph11 he blocked her number and they are the kinda people that if they knew the would of said something by now and he dont knew she has not been able to get now than half a sentence out with out him walking away if she can een get him to stop walking
    iwmoln2120

Answer by iwmoln2120 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If they are avoiding you, maybe it is better that you don't go up to their door. They sound very immature, and you don't want to cause more problems.

Leave a voicemail at their home, and tell them you need to contact me. If they don't then send a letter, If you don't want to see a lawer, then right a certified letter with receipt. If they don't except it, you will have to go to child support. They can't dodge the courts.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Anonymous that is a good idea but with all the end of the year stuff going on it would be hard to get a meeting set up
    iwmoln2120

Answer by iwmoln2120 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• kfree907 good points on all of that
    iwmoln2120

Answer by iwmoln2120 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

The end of school is more than 2 months away.  I am sure the school counselor would make time for you with a problem like this - it's not like you are trying to take up their time with a silly or petty problem.  If the school can't help you set up a meeting I bet they can tell you where you need to go to get help.  Unfortunately school counselors have to be up to date on this kind of stuff because it is not an uncommon problem when dealing with teenagers.  Honestly, with a situation like this I can see emotions running very high, and I would think it would be better for everyone to make contact at a nuetral location with some sort of moderator to keep everyone reasonably calm.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Why on earth would she want to have a baby with him? why doesn't she get an abortion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My husbands works for a lawyer, and had a "case" like this the other day ... The advice the lawyer gave that family was that they have to wait until the baby is born and then take him to court for child support ( and then they will also do a DNA test)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2010