• In the Spotlight:

Healthcare bill goes back to House

In all those amendments they found something to send it back to the house. Do you think it will delay things for long?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

a CBS poll finds that 62% of Americans want the Republicans to keep fighting to end this bill. What is your take?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I especially like this part of the article

By 57-42, Democrats rejected an amendment by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., barring federal purchases of Viagra and other erectile dysfunction drugs for sex offenders. Coburn said it would save millions of dollars, while Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., called it "a crass political stunt."
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I still find it alternately disheartening and amusing that Congress voted on something no one read, they are already having to amend it, (it's only been four days) and they consider it a victory.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• and Pres Obama's signing the executive order wasn't a political stunt? Gee why am I not suprised they are now finding things in the bill after voting.... goes to show how many actually read it ... Demoncrat s and republicans alike!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I was never polled. Nobody I know is ever polled. I bet none of you are ever polled so how can the poll be claiming to be 62% of Americans? How many Americans? 1000? How many people are in this country again? What demographics did they use to poll? Was it a blind poll? There's no blind polls anymore. Usually the polling group will poll a certain number of people with like minds. It goes for CBS, Rasmussen, Gallop, NBC, Quinnipac, etc.
    Anonymous