Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why i am dry in this area???

okay, kind of personal but this has never happened to me before. when i get aroused, and hubby and i have intercourse, i am normally wet, etc, except for the very top, the clit, is extremely dry and if hubby's skin rubs against me during sex i will cry out in pain because of how dry it is. this has never happened before and am not sure why or what to do about it. i did start a med called lamictal/lamotrigine in january, but was fine up until this past month (after my dose was up'd). i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

Answers (3)
  • it could...usually your gut feeling about these things are correct...your body could just be adjusting. or, could you be pregnant? i know when you lactate you could experience dryness, so hormones can influence this, and medications can influence hormones...
    hopefully your body will get back to normal soon!

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • Never know it does happen I would just get some lube and then all should be good to go. They make creams for vag dryness also.

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • Are you on Lamictal for seizures or mood stabilization? Usually epileptics don't have this problem as much as women w/ bi-polar. Something about the way Lamictal interacts w/ the hormones. Have you tried water-soluble lube? That should help. If not, talk to your dr. There are a myriad of other meds out there for BOTH of these conditions. I'm epileptic and take Lamictal and don't have a problem w/ this, but I do have a prob w/ arousal as a whole.

    Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.