They say it takes more energy to dislike someone then to forgive them. True or False

I am trying to be the better person in not bothering with teen stuff. My neighbor on the other hand won't let it go. She says smart stuff to my daughter when i am not around, and I wish I could hear her. I don't need anymore aggravation.

What is a mom too do??? What is a Neighbor to do??? How do I end it, mind you I am searching for a new home as we speak.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I say true, I say ignore her she wants ya'lls attention and to bother ya'll and thats exactly what she is getting
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 9:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i say false. if you dislike someone then totally void them out of your life and move on. You will be at peace. Forgiving someone has to be something you want to do and it has to come from your heart, it means nothing if you don't mean it....and if you don't mean it the being nice will only last for so long and the drama will just be an ongoing cycle.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Tell your daughter to stay away from her as much as possible, some adult women act just like teenagers and get into their kids mess just like kids. I once heard a story where the two teens were arguing over some boy and the mothers and a few aunts got into it and went to a party where the girl was and beat her up.That is just crazy to me.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• With me it just comes natural to hold grudges and dislike somebody, it takes more effort and more energy for me to force a grin or force small talk then it does to ignore somebody. People are human beings and naturally not everybody is going to get along with everybody. Why do you have to go out of way and pretend to be something your not (or like somebody that you don't)?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Okay I realized that my first post made me sound not so friendly, I wanted to clear up that I really do have friends people that I like and love, but I am not going to go out of my way to force myself to get along with somebody that I don't like or has wronged me.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I agree that it is easier to forgive then hate. Hating is heavy on your heart. And besides maybe she has some serious issues and it makes her feel better to put you down. I'd feel sorry for her actually. That said, you can't be a doormat though and allow her to do it all over again. Just let it go but I won't have much contact to avoid it happening again.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2010