Formaldehyde and phenol exposure

I am taking a human anatomy class right now, and we are exposed to formaldehyde and phenol in the cadavers. My hubby and I are planning to TTC when the semester is over. I did a little research, and from what I read, both are pretty quickly metabolized. We were planning to wait a month after the semester is over to have my IUD removed to let the toxins pass. Do you guys think this will be long enough?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 10:02 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yeha, im in photography but my chemicals arent so bad i just go wash my hands right after and we are ttc during it...for the biology yeah i would wait a month, that stuff is nasty!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• should be fine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i honestly do not know how long it would take for your body to rid itself of this. look into eating cleansing foods as well...kale and swiss chard are good. you should also be aware that vaccines contain formaldehyde as well...so exposure is not protected at all from the skin, or the respiratory system...it is injected directly into the blood.
    as you prepare for and do have children you will read more and more about harmful ingredients.
    good luck with your class, and your eventual family!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2010