I need Digital Camera Suggestions

I am looking for a new camera. I have an Olympus and I'm just not happy with it at all. I can't spend $500 or anything but I can spend a little more than $100.

What kind do you have/like/suggest

customcat2000

Asked by customcat2000 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• I would look at Canon. The first one I got when I was 16 (I'm now 22) and it lasted until I was ready to upgrade last year. As a matter of fact, I handed it down to my little brother and he is still using it. I upgraded to a 10 megapixel and it is SO clear and the photos turn out awesome. The camera has a lot of settings which makes it fun to play around with. Granted, if you're only looking at spending $100 you may not be able to get a 10, but even a 6 or 8 will work fine. My first one was a 4, and I got a TON of awesome photos out of it.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• When looking a digital cameras, they always emphasize the mega pixel. However, this isn't what you necessarily want to look for. Higher mega pixels only means that you can print larger prints & most non-pros are looking for a max of 8 x10, if even that. The important thing to look for is the optical (not to be confused with digital) zoom. Ideally, you want a 10x optical zoom or better. But if you're on a budget, just find the highest optical zoom in your price range.
    I just bought a new camera this year & finally insisted that it had to be a 10x optical zoom. Neither my skill level or my budget warranted a DSLR, so I stuck with a point & shoot. I bought a Nikon L100. It was around 200, I think. It has some great features, but it doesn't like florescent lighting. There may be settings I can change for this, I just haven't had time to read the book. lol
    charity987

Answer by charity987 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Thank you, I always thought the pixels were important but I will look at tthe optical zoom more closely now.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have always loved pentex even before digital, that is the camera I used. Never had a problem and the pics are great.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2010